Dear Good Shepherd Family,
After thorough discussions with our congregational leaders, we have decided to reopen for
We believe it is likely this virus will be with us for quite some time. While it is wise for all of us to continue practicing hygiene disciplines, we believe it is also wise for us to practice the spiritual discipline of worship — both on-line and on-campus.
We are fully aware there are different perspectives on the danger this virus presents. We are also fully aware that worshiping on-line or on-campus is a matter of choice.
Knowing some may choose to worship on-campus when we re-open, we have been practicing sanitization of our Worship and Community Centers and will continue to do so. While we cannot guarantee a virus-free environment in any social gathering, we promise we are doing all we can to offer a safe place where we can physically assemble together in worship of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25
Here are some of the details:
• On-campus worship resumes: Sunday, September 13, 2020.
• Worship Time: 10am
• Worship Style: blended
• Social Distancing: All seating is configured to accommodate this.
• Face Coverings: We will follow the orders of our community leaders.
• Communion: Both on-line and on-campus worshipers will be able to receive Holy Communion in a safe manner.
• Sunday: For sanitization purposes we will focus on having worship only.
• Wednesday: We will focus on having d3 Bible studies for Middle School, High School, and adults via Zoom starting Wednesday, 9/16, 6:30-8pm. We hope to begin meeting on-campus the first Wednesday of October.
• Children messages will be incorporated into our worship.
• Children’s Sunday School resources will continue to be provided.
• Kids Kount MDO will be hosting outdoor community events for children beginning in September.
While we miss you and want you to feel comfortable in returning, if your health is at risk please stay home for awhile and join us for on-line worship.
Thank you for your patience, your flexibility, and your support of this strategic reopening of our campus for worship. Whether you choose to worship on-line or on-campus, we can continue to look forward to worshiping our Savior each Sunday … together.
God bless us all as we continue to move forward to be the Church God is calling us to be for the people in our community.
Sincerely in Christ’s Love,
Pastor Marty Brauer