Dear Good Shepherd Family,
At Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, we take the personal health and wellness of our members very seriously. You may have some growing concerns about the Coronavirus (COVD-19), and we wanted to put your mind at ease by making you aware of the precautionary steps we are taking as a church:
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed around campus for your use and benefit. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) states that hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol is proven to kill germs and bacteria.
- Hand washing signs have been placed in campus bathrooms reminding members to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Our pastoral staff will sanitize their hands before and after giving communion.
- Janitorial staff is sanitizing all common areas to help prevent the spread of illness.
- Every Friday/ Saturday we will have a “terminal clean” done on all common areas. This includes a wipe down all surfaces and floors with disinfectant – chairs, desk, tables, door handles, etc. with hospital disinfectant.
- While we will miss you on Sunday Morning, please stay home if you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, are coughing or sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. Our online Live Streaming services allow you to stay connected with your church family but helps to prevent the spread of germs.
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials, and we will update you as new information becomes available.
Thank you for being a part of the Good Shepherd family! We are committed to making our church a safe and enjoyable place for all who worship with us. If you need Pastoral Care, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512.258.6227.
Pastor Marty and Pastor Steven